Another NAA season is on its way,
Please find attached several documents in preparation for the NAA General Assembly on May 14th at the Dorval Community Centre.
-Meeting Agenda for May 14 2018
– Minutes from the August 2017 General Assembly
-Constitution amendment proposals from the August 2017 assembly.
– Amendment proposals to be voted on in June 2018 and a recommendation to establish a committee for standardization of SNC rule application (see spreadsheet)
Note: I will not be able to print all of the documents, so I recommend that every pool delegation brings a copy, paper or electronic format. The Synchro proposed amendments will however be printed out.
As usual, each pool will have two votes, please send two representatives as per the constitution (one from the board and one lifeguard is recommended).
I would like to also remind everyone that the positions for VP Swimming and VP Diving are up for election, to be elected during the May meeting.
Thank you and looking forward to meeting all of you,
With pools now shut down, committees are working hard to make sure their 2018 staff are all under contract and any other preparations for the 2018 season are underway.
We’ll be updating the site in the coming weeks to put our 2017 results into the Archive/History area and get the site ready for the 2018 season too.
In the meantime, enjoy the off-season. July 2018 will be here before you know it!
Our final NAA meeting of the 2018 season is now behind us. There is lots of news.
First, you’ll find the 2018 NAA calendar has now been updated with the award of all the 2018 finals.
Next, we have a new NAA President! Daniel Sikorski has taken the reins from Steve Batah who will now begin a year in the past-president role. Daniel’s contact information is on the NAA Executive page.
We would like to take a moment to thank Steve for his remarkable tenure as president of our association. During his time there have been many changes and improvements in how we compete and how we encourage participation. Throughout his years as President, Steve has been a central figure in keeping the NAA on track and a key resource for many to look up to. His selfless contribution to our community is an example for us all.
Please find attached the following documents for the August 28th meeting:
- Minutes from the June meeting
- 2018 Calendar
- Event hosts from the 2 previous years (to be used for bidding)
- Pools that hosted a major event in either of the two (2) previous seasons are not eligible to host the same event the next season unless no other pool wishes to host.
- All trophies must be returned at this meeting for safekeeping through the winter.
- Note that a vote for a new President will take place. Please advise if anybody is interested.
- This meeting will be longer than usual given the season review and voting on 2018 events.
2 representatives from each pool should be in attendance to maximize (2) votes. Ideally, one of the two representatives being a board member and the other a staff member.
Download Agenda: Final_Meeting_Agenda_August-28-2017
For those of you who’ve been around the website for years, you’ll know that I often post many pictures each season. I no longer live in the country however and, while I’m in Montreal every 3 weeks or so, getting to meets and finals is quite difficult. There are some pictures in our Photo Gallery that I got while in town just before Time Trials but that will be all the Photogallery pictures we have for this season. Happily, Jean Bertand has numerous shots of the Big Meet on his Flickr site at: https://flic.kr/s/aHsm2zLazw. Thank you Jean for sharing these great shots!
Chris Vandersluis (Webmaster)
We’d like to remind you all that the election for NAA President will take place at our August 28th meeting. Steve Batah, our current President has done an exemplary job these last years but it is time to pass the torch to someone new. If you or anyone you know is interested in being the next NAA President, we encourage you to contact Steve Batah at email@example.com or (514) 869-6811 or just speak to him at one of the Finals events this week.
A description of the role of NAA President can be found right here on the website in the Download area.
In yesterday’s post about scores, I mistakenly mentioned 16 swimmers to swim in each event in the Big Meet. Our list of potentials swimmers is 12 plus 4 alternates. I apologize for any confusion.
The NAA Constitution was updated for the 2017 season following votes in our first two meetings of the year. This June 20th version is the final version for the 2017 competitive season. You can download or access the Constitution on the NAA Constitution page.
We have updated the 2017 Calendar with the following information:
As a reminder, coaches have must-attend meetings on the following dates:
- Monday June 26 – Waterpolo. Glenmore at 7:00 PM
- Tuesday June 27th – Diving. Fairview at 7:00 PM
- Wednesday June 28th – Swimming. Elm Park at 4:30 PM
- Thursday June 29th – Synchro. Elm Park at 7:00.
These meetings are mandatory for your head coaches.
Also, the Diving Judges Clinic will be held Thursday June 29th at the Dorval Community center at 7:00. Please contact Elyssa for further details.
Our second meeting of the 2017 season is scheduled for Monday, June 19th at the Dorval Community Centre.
The agenda is below and if you click on Continue-Reading, you will see two constitutional proposals in the waterpolo and time trials categories:
Date: June 19th, 2017
Location: Dorval Community Center, Salon B
1. Introduction and Welcome
2. Approval of minutes and agenda
3. Executive Reports
c) VP Swimming
d) VP Diving
e) VP Water Polo
f) VP Synchro
g) VP Marketing
4. Vote on Constitutional Changes submitted at May Meeting
5. Proposals for Constitutional Changes (if any)
6. Pre-Junior Duet Trial/Exhibition
7. New Business / Announcements
– Forest Village Pool hosting12 and under Water Polo tournament
– Valleycrest Pool hosting Guppies Meet; Leaders Rant
8. Date and location of next meetings (August 28th, 7pm)
9. Call for adjournment
Continue reading Second NAA Meeting for 2017 is on Monday, June 19th!