We’ve updated the Constitution based on proposals made in August and passed at our May NAA meeting. You can see the current constitution on the Constitution page.
We can’t thank Elyssa enough for the many years and countless hours of support she has given young divers of the NAA. She was instrumental in increasing participation in diving and bringing in new policies and procedures which has made diving safer and more enjoyable for our athletes.
Elyssa has trained numerous judges and diving coaches. Her impact on the sport and the NAA will last for years to come.
Thanks Elyssa and welcome Ashley to your new post!
Another NAA season is on its way,
Please find attached several documents in preparation for the NAA General Assembly on May 14th at the Dorval Community Centre.
-Meeting Agenda for May 14 2018
– Minutes from the August 2017 General Assembly
-Constitution amendment proposals from the August 2017 assembly.
– Amendment proposals to be voted on in June 2018 and a recommendation to establish a committee for standardization of SNC rule application (see spreadsheet)
Note: I will not be able to print all of the documents, so I recommend that every pool delegation brings a copy, paper or electronic format. The Synchro proposed amendments will however be printed out.
As usual, each pool will have two votes, please send two representatives as per the constitution (one from the board and one lifeguard is recommended).
I would like to also remind everyone that the positions for VP Swimming and VP Diving are up for election, to be elected during the May meeting.
Thank you and looking forward to meeting all of you,
If you are an experienced lifeguard, then PPK may have just the opportunity for you for the upcoming 2018 season. They are looking for a manager.
Contact Penny Michael at: email@example.com for more details.
We’ll be updating the site in the coming weeks to put our 2017 results into the Archive/History area and get the site ready for the 2018 season too.
In the meantime, enjoy the off-season. July 2018 will be here before you know it!
- Manager- Min 4 yrs lifeguard experience
- Assistant Manager- Min 3 yrs lifeguard experience
- Senior Supervisors- Min 2 yrs lifeguard experience
If you are interested, send a resume and credentials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
First, you’ll find the 2018 NAA calendar has now been updated with the award of all the 2018 finals.
Next, we have a new NAA President! Daniel Sikorski has taken the reins from Steve Batah who will now begin a year in the past-president role. Daniel’s contact information is on the NAA Executive page.
We would like to take a moment to thank Steve for his remarkable tenure as president of our association. During his time there have been many changes and improvements in how we compete and how we encourage participation. Throughout his years as President, Steve has been a central figure in keeping the NAA on track and a key resource for many to look up to. His selfless contribution to our community is an example for us all.
We’ve got the last of the Synchro scores entered and posted. You can see these on the 2017 Synchro page. Our thanks to all the hosting pools for Synchro events and our congratulations to all our athletes from Pre-Junior, Junior and Senior levels competing in the Individual, Duet and Team events!
We’ve got the Playoff and Finals results from Waterpolo now posted on the 2017 Waterpolo page. Our congratulations to all the athletes this summer.
Please find attached the following documents for the August 28th meeting:
- Minutes from the June meeting
- 2018 Calendar
- Event hosts from the 2 previous years (to be used for bidding)
- Pools that hosted a major event in either of the two (2) previous seasons are not eligible to host the same event the next season unless no other pool wishes to host.
- All trophies must be returned at this meeting for safekeeping through the winter.
- Note that a vote for a new President will take place. Please advise if anybody is interested.
- This meeting will be longer than usual given the season review and voting on 2018 events.
2 representatives from each pool should be in attendance to maximize (2) votes. Ideally, one of the two representatives being a board member and the other a staff member.
Download Agenda: Final_Meeting_Agenda_August-28-2017